Friday, December 10, 2010

YouTube

As soon as I hear that we were going to do YouTube I thought of this video. It is one of my favourite, and not just for the difference to a normal car review but due to the last part of the review, 'What if I'm asked to take part in a beach assult with the Royal Marines?' I have no idea how they got permission to do it but it's great that they did and I know what car I want to go on a beach with.



Now, to look at YouTube as a whole.

There is quite a lot of stuff that is not interesting or fun out there but there is also a lot of fun stuff out there, like the TopGear segments and the Muppets. The problem that can come up is stopping watching (or have a break from) things that are fun to watch. Also, if you what to have a presence on YouTube and keep people interested, it need to be of good quality and have some fun with it as well, even if it is informitive. The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library (US)have a great idea but they also need in my opinion some fun as well to get people coming back. They can inform the public but they also need to catch and engage them as well.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that if libraries put out instructional videos they need to be informative AND fun. If they're too dry they just reinforce the stereotype that libraries are boring and so are the staff (not the cool, cardigan wearing hipsters that we really are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short is also good to keep interest and so that the videos don't take too long to load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I also think that it needs to interactive if possible then people would have fun doing.

    ReplyDelete